how to write a gorgeous summary
Why is this subject important?
Reports and records are often difficult to navigate. What most of us want is a simple, concise overview of a report or case file: this is where the summary steps in. However, too often summaries are not summaries at all – they are too long, detailed and fail to do their job.
How will this course help me?
This highly interactive, hands-on course explores what makes for a good summary – be it a stand-alone summary, a summary as part on ongoing casework or as part of a larger report. It will show you what information should make it into a summary – and what shouldn’t. Through developing your analytical thinking and confidence you will then learn how to express that information clearly and concisely for maximum impact.
What will I learn? You will learn how to:
- understand the purpose of a summary;
- pick out the important issues;
- get to grips with the role of summaries in case work;
- write a summary in one page or less;
- choose the right words; and
- remember the target audience.
do the write thing: (e) firstname.lastname@example.org