advanced court skills
being an impressive witness
How will this course help me?
We show the options available to learners in court and discuss people’s roles. We look at pre-proceedings preparation to help in acquiring essential knowledge of the judicial case management procedures. We consider what is, and what is not, evidence; and how to deliver oral evidence through cross-examination. Learners will investigate a complex case and come to their own conclusions about what orders, if any, they should apply for. Selected learners are then individually cross-examined by an experienced barrister and judge. The course is suitable for all staff irrespective of role and experience.
What will I learn? You will learn how to:
- understand the law and guidance;
- understand the structure and proceedings of different courts;
- know what is expected by the Courts and Judges and Magistrates;
- understand pre-proceedings – planning and preparing your evidence
- know what constitutes evidence – and how to justify your practice;
- using notes, records and reports;
- deliver oral evidence in a clear and concise manner;
- cope with cross-examination – including how to deal with body language, nerves and the techniques used to discredit you as a witness; and
- know how what makes for an impressive witness.
do the write thing: (e) email@example.com